Monday, March 19, 2012

Thanks Pinterest!

If your like me...you get on Facebook, maybe a few blogs, and of course PINTEREST! 
It's my new favorite kind of "shopping". You can look but come up with a new creation
of your own to make fun, festive pretty little things! 

Here's a couple of projects I have done the past three months.
For Christmas Trevor (I mean Santa) delivered a sewing machine! 
I usually get REALLY frustrated with sewing machines 
because I always get the bobbin and needle messed up...but not 
this time! I finished three pillows in just a few hours!
Sewing is not as hard as you might imagine!
I also decided to make a short table runner for our home.  
The "Ten Minute" table runner turned into an "60 minute" runner...

but it was worth it!

I recently did centerpieces for our relief society birthday luncheon.
I decided to do accordion paper flowers with spring colors! 
Let me tell you...they are not as quick as they seem to make. Eight flowers
took me one hour. In total, the flowers alone were a about a three hours project! 
I painted dowels to add a bit more "green" to our spring getaway!
Here they are~they have an Easter theme to them.

I couldn't find a decent tutorial on how to make the flowers so I just tried it out. 
I recommend two-sided scrapbook paper because if not, they are not the most
attractive on the backside. Just a hint from my learning curve!

I dedicate this to "Pinterest"...the website that has inpsired me to do something
for decorating the home, my family and serving others! Three things I love!

Thanks for lookin'...that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment